Posted On: Sun, 04/26/2020 - 14:13
What is a Virtual office and how can it benefit for your business
NEW In this blog we look at what a virtual office is, what it isn't and of course some of the key benefits. We explore the different meanings of a virtual office between service providers and explain some of the services you should expect to be made available within any virtual office service.
What is a virtual office?
A virtual office is a term used to summarise a business service that can offer a level of remote working coupled with certain business services. That might sound woolly and.or complicated and that is because different providers offer different services all termed a virtual office.
A virtual office could be one or more of the following:
- · An address to handle your businesses mail – providing a professional address away from your home
- · Meeting space for hire at your business address for meetings, occasional working or for somewhere ahead of an important client meeting
- · Drop in desks / co-working – either a permanent desk (or desks) in a co-working or common area or a business lounge to drop in and work as needed
- · Telephone services – providing a local or national telephone number sometimes coupled with professional answering services / call forwarding
- · Virtual Assistant Services – access to a team of virtual assistants or similar to a part time personal assistant to help manage ad-hoc tasks/regular tasks (such as mail follow up etc)
Of course, some providers bundle together services and include in a monthly fee, others allow a pick and mix approach to ensure you only pay what you need. At Number8 our virtual offices for example we offer individual value services which can be taken on a flexible basis by our clients – no long tie-ins and no large monthly fee’s.
What isn’t a virtual office?
Its often just as important to understand what something isn’t and when perhaps an alternative option or service is beneficial to your business.
A virtual office is designed to be a stepping stone or a service to help you keep business costs to the lowest, if the virtual office service is costing you significantly more than say a serviced office, co-working or employing a part time assistant then its perhaps time to assess.
A virtual office often carries flexibility in terms of being able to scale up or down the services – not all providers offer this flexibility mind due to contract terms and lengths.
Our virtual office services at Number8 are designed to be flexible – for example co-working desks include mail handling at no extra charge and are available on a rolling monthly contract with only 1 month’s deposit. Our value based virtual office service is a low annual cost with options to spread payments should that be necessary.
Possible business benefits?
If you have read our other blogs you might already start to see a pattern in terms of the benefits of our services, but in summary a virtual office should provide at least the following 3 core benefits:
- 1. Professionalism – when a prospective client views your business and company address they will infer from that a lot about your company. Do all you can to make that first impression the best it can be with a professional address.
- 2. Security – you are required to publicise your company address and perhaps director address in a number of places – not least on Companies House.
- 3. Service – if you aren’t always able to manage your post then having a 3rd party manage that for you is essential. From official notifications through to invoices – a good virtual office provider will scan and share these securely (saving you the time of scanning)